According to the FBI, burglary is defined as the unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. Additionally, to classify an offense as a burglary, the use of force to gain entry need not have occurredNew York is a safer city today, but it was once infamous worldwide for the high crime rate and the incessant burglaries. The most recently released comprehensive data is from the FBI is from 2017 and is summarized:
A Summary Overview
- In 2017, there were an estimated 1,401,840 burglaries, a decrease of 7.6 percent when compared with 2016 data. The number of burglaries decreased 27.4 percent when compared with 2013 data and was down 37.1 percent when compared with the 2008 estimate.
- Burglaries accounted for 18.2 percent of the estimated number of property crimes.
- By subcategory, 57.5 percent of burglaries involved forcible entry, 36.2 percent were unlawful entries, and 6.3 percent were attempted forcible entry.
- Victims of burglary offenses suffered an estimated $3.4 billion in property losses in 2017. The average dollar loss per burglary offense was $2,416.
- Burglaries of residential properties accounted for 67.2 percent of all burglary offenses.
Don’t fall victim to burglars, protect your residence and your business.
Even if New York is safer it still remains one of the biggest metropolis in the world, with the inherent raise in crime and burglaries. To protect your home or business from burglaries in New York City, please Contact us today. Paragon Security offers comprehensive security system solutions anywhere and everywhere in New York City, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. We have locations throughout Manhattan, in areas such as the West Village, Financial District, Upper West Side, Harlem, Midtown East, Union Square, Tribeca, Gramercy, Upper East Side, Chinatown, East Village, and more.