The FBI defines burglary as the unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. New York is a safer city today, but it was once infamous worldwide for the high crime rate and the incessant burglaries. According to 2004 FBI Unified Crime Reporting (UCR) statistics:
- A burglary crime occurs in the USA every 15 seconds.
- Of the burglaries for which the time could be established:
- 62.2 % of residential burglaries occurred during daylight.
- 58.0 % of non-residential structures offences occurred during the night.
- July had the greatest number of burglaries recorded, while February had the least amount of burglaries recorded.
- The average loss per burglary offence is estimated at $1642,00.
- Males accounted for 85.7 % of burglary arrestees, of whom 28.6 % were juveniles, whereas Females arrested for burglary comprised 14.3 % of the total number of burglary arrests, and of the females arrested, 22.7 % were juveniles.
Don’t fall victim to burglars, protect your residence and your business.
Even if New York is safer it still remains one of the biggest metropolis in the world, with the inherent raise in crime and burglaries. To protect your home or business from burglaries in New York City, please Contact us today. Paragon Security offers comprehensive security solutions anywhere and everywhere in New York City, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. We have locations throughout Manhattan, in areas such as the West Village, Financial District, Upper West Side, Harlem, Midtown East, Union Square, Tribeca, Gramercy, Upper East Side, Chinatown, East Village, and more.